Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is included for pregnancy. However it relates solely for complications that arise during the course of the pregnancy because being pregnant is not considered to be a medical condition.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. You have agreed to pay towards a claim under each section of the policy. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (formerly E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

You are considered to have a pre-existing Medical Condition if you have
  1. any medical condition where you have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient in the last 2 years or for which you are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation;
  2. any illness for which you have received a terminal prognosis or any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition; any cancerous condition; or any cerebral condition.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please call 0343 658 0361 to assess if you are eligible to obtain full cover for the condition(s) disclosed. For more information, please refer to the "Health and Pre-existing Medical Conditions" section of the policy wording.

How do I make a claim on my policy?

To claim for travel insurance: phone the Claims Helpline on 0333 300 2141 and ask for a claim form. To claim under the Gadget Upgrade: please call 02077 851 702. To claim under the Vehicle Hire Excess Upgrade: please call 0333 3230 095 or +44 1634 382 574 (Outside UK).

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the policy wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract do not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside 14 days.

What Winter Sports are covered?

Provided you have paid the Winter Sports upgrade, and you are under the age of 61, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:
  • Bob Sleighing
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Curling
  • Dog Sledging
  • Dry Slope Skiing
  • Heli Skiing
  • Luging
  • Mono-skiing
  • Off-piste Skiing or Snowboarding when accompanied by a qualified instructor or guide
  • Skiing
  • Skiing, Big Foot
  • Ski Bobbing
  • Sleding
  • Snow Boarding
  • Snow Cat Skiing
  • Snow Kiting
  • Snow Mobiling
  • Snow Shoeing
  • Tobagganing

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

In case of a medical emergency please phone +44 (0) 333 300 2142 quoting Jet2. You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and the excess must be paid by you at the time of treatment. Note: If you are physically unable to contact the assistance team then you or someone designated by you must contact the team within 48 hours.

How often can I travel on an Annual Multi-trip policy?

The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 31 days

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy can be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. If you have any difficulties receiving your policy documents, please call us on 0343 658 0357.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes. The maximum age for our policy is 85 for a Single Trip or 70 for an Annual Multi-Trip at the commencement of the period of insurance. NOTE that the maximum age to add Winter Sports cover is 60 when you buy the policy.
If you are over the maximum ages mentioned above, we can still arrange cover through our partners at goodtogoinsurance.comClick here to get a quote today

Do you cover non-UK residents?

Jet2 Insurance policies are only available to residents of the UK

Can I go scuba diving when travelling?

Scuba diving to a depth of 18 metres (within organisers guide lines) is covered.

What products do you offer?

Single Trip policies. Annual Multi-trip policies with maximum trip duration of 31 days for Individuals, Couples and Families (including Single Parent Families) Including optional covers for Winter Sports, Golf, and Business cover.

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Delta.

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. Without them the insurer cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. If your travel arrangements change then you must call Jet2insurance immediately on 0343 658 0357. You must be able to provide the correct period of insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording - these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Are my golf clubs covered?

Yes, up to £500 in total with a Single Club or Item of Golf Equipment limit of £200, provided you have paid the additional premium for the Golf Cover extension.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the policy wordings. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend to travel to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. We would advise you to obtain a Form CM1. On returning this, duly completed, you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40). NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

You can change or upgrade your policy at any time as long as you have not made a claim. Please contact Jet2insurance on 0343 658 0357 for amendments and upgrades.

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium?

  • Aerobics
  • Archery
  • Badminton
  • Basket Ball
  • Beach games
  • Bowls
  • Cricket
  • Cycling * No PL cover – no tours
  • Fell walking
  • Fishing
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Ice-skating (rink only)
  • Mountain biking (excluding competition)
  • Parascending (towed by a boat) * No PL cover
  • Racket ball
  • Rambling
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking * No PL cover
  • Roller skating
  • Rounders
  • Scuba diving to a depth of 18 metres
  • Skateboarding
  • Snooker, pool, billiards
  • Snorkelling
  • Squash
  • Surfing * No PL cover
  • Swimming (in a pool or on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit from land)
  • Table tennis
  • Tennis
  • Volley ball
  • Water Polo
  • Water skiing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit for land)
  • Windsurfing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12 mile limit for land)
  • Yachting, boating, sailing and rowing (only on inland waters or coastal waters within a 12-mile limit from land)

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium?


  • Bungee Jump * no PA cover
  • Camel/Elephant Riding
  • Deep Sea Fishing
  • Dog Sledging
  • Go Karting
  • Gymnastics
  • Hiking (between 2,000 and 4,000 metres altitude)
  • Hockey
  • Horse riding (no Polo, Hunting, Jumping or Racing)
  • Hot Air Ballooning (non-UK organised)
  • Hydro Zorbing
  • Martial Arts (training only)
  • Motorcycling (over 50cc and under 250 cc – no racing) as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmet provided the rider holds an appropriate motorcycle licence to ride the motorcycle.
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking (including white water up to grade 3) * No PL cover
  • Rugby
  • Safari (not involving fire arms)
  • Scuba Diving (between 18 and 30 metres)
  • Sea Canoeing
  • Trekking (between 2,000 and 5,000 metres altitude)
  • Triathlon – Road bike


  • Abseiling
  • Paragliding
  • Parasailing
  • Parascending (over land)
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking (including white water up to grade 4) * No PL cover
  • Sail boarding
  • Sand boarding
  • Sand yachting
  • Skiing (Dry slope)
  • Snowboarding (Dry slope)


  • Animal Riding (other than camel and elephant riding)
  • Canyoning
  • Hand gliding
  • High Diving
  • Horse jumping (no Polo or Hunting)
  • Ice hockey
  • Land yachting
  • Micro lighting * No PL cover
  • Motor rallies
  • Parachuting
  • Rock climbing
  • Rock scrambling
  • Scuba diving (up to 30 metres) is BSAC, PADI, DIWA, SSI or SSA member
  • Show jumping (no Polo or Hunting)
  • Sky diving
  • Triathlon – Ironman
  • Wrestling
  • Work abroad (manual, ground level only, no machinery)